Friday, August 14, 2009

NakedEmperorNews: POTUS “big supporter” of mandatory civil service « RBO

NakedEmperorNews: POTUS “big supporter” of mandatory civil service « RBO

Obama: “You know, I am actually a big supporter [of mandatory civil service.] My wife ran AmeriCorps program – national service program – in Chicago.”

Allahpundit at Hot Air comments:

    I skimmed the transcript of Obama’s answers at last year’s presidential campaign forum on service and can’t find him endorsing anything like a mandatory obligation, and I find it exceedingly hard to believe that he’d have the votes for something like this in Congress when he can’t even get his health-care plan passed. But then, I’d never have guessed he’d nationalize General Motors either. Color me very skeptical that this is something to worry about — but less skeptical than I used to be.

Also check out some RBO oldies but goodies that could help shed some light on this subject:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spamming will be removed.

Due to spamming. Comments need to be moderated. Your post will appear after moderated regardless of your views as long as they are not abusive in nature. Consistent abusive posters will not be viewed but deleted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.