Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Secret Service: We have funding to protect Trump through September | TheHill
Secret Service: We have funding to protect Trump through September | TheHill: The Secret Service said Monday it has enough money to protect President Trump through September, even as the agency acknowledged it’s running up against its spending limit for agents protecting the president and his family. “The Secret Service has the funding it needs to meet all current mission requirements for the remainder of the fiscal year and compensate employees for overtime within statutory pay caps,” agency director Randolph “Tex” Alles said in a statement. The current fiscal year ends Sept. 30. Alles said around 1,100 employees will hit federally mandated caps on salary and overtime that were supposed to last the entire year and suggested he will ask Congress to pass legislation as it did last year to allow the agency to exceed those pay caps. See original work for more on this and other stories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Spamming will be removed.
Due to spamming. Comments need to be moderated. Your post will appear after moderated regardless of your views as long as they are not abusive in nature. Consistent abusive posters will not be viewed but deleted.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.